- Ability to pay
- Willingness to partner with Habitat
- Perform sweat-equity hours.
- Attend workshops and classes.
- Pay a deposit of $2500 towards escrow and closing costs.
Ability to pay criteria
- Must meet minimum income requirements
- Debt must not be excessive.
- Any liens or judgments must be cleared before taking possession of your home.
- Consistent payment history.
- Able to make applicable down payment and closing costs.
You may be asking yourself…
- How many hours a week will I need to commit to working with Habitat for Humanity?
Partner families are responsible for 300 hours of sweat equity.
- Can family members or friends help with this requirement?
Friends and family may complete up to 150 hours for you.
- Am I willing to attend workshops to learn about money management and homeownership?
|Family Size||Income Range|
|5||$29,420 – $59,750|
|7||$38,060 – $68,600|
$42,380 – $73,000
- Income between 30% and 80% of the median income for Lake County
- Present housing conditions must be inadequate, some examples are:
– Poor repair
– Too expensive for your income
Willingness to partner criteria
- Agreement to complete sweat-equity
- Agreement to attend homeowner preparation workshops:
- Nine week Financial Peace budgeting class
- New homeowner workshop
Call 219-923-7265 ext 305
if you have any questions!