Leave a Legacy:
Building Beyond Your Lifetime
with a Planned Gift
Extend your support for Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana and make a lasting impact on families in need of a decent and affordable place to call home.
Whether you would like to put your donation to work today or benefit families after your lifetime, there is a plan that fits your needs. For questions about your support, please contact Director of Development, Wende Burbridge, CFRE at 219-923-7265 ext. 1304 or email@example.com.
Here is sample messaging to help you easily update your financial documents and provide Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana with a planned gift.
With all charitable gifts, it is important to consult with your attorney or financial adviser to ensure compliance with state laws, receive maximum tax benefits and that your wishes are accurately reflected in necessary legal documents.
Letting us know that you are planning a Legacy Gift (letter of intent) allows us to thank you, acknowledge your generosity, and your gift may inspire others to give. Here are a few methods to consider;
- Bequest – Designate Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust, or beneficiary designation form.
- Stock – The easiest way to make a gift of securities is to do an electronic transfer
- IRA Rollover – Congress enacted a permanent IRA charitable rollover; therefore, you can make an IRA rollover gift this year along with several years in the future.
- Donor Advised Fund – a DAF allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana and any other favorite causes. DAF’s can easily be set up through a community foundation or your financial institution.
- Beneficiary Designation Gifts – designate Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana as beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account or your life insurance policy.
- Charitable Lead Trust – fund a trust that makes gifts to Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at a substantial tax savings.
- Gift Annuity – provide yourself and a loved one with a stream of income, a tax savings all while making a gift to Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Indiana.